A week with the niblings. A few days in the Pacific Northwest. Time to reconsider my direction in life. That is the reason behind my silence the last few weeks. Now, as I prepare to write about the visitors and the visiting, I will entertain with a procrastinatory meme, courtesy of — who else? — Hannibal.
BLOG MEME: Q&A
I HATE: masses of people
I MISS: summers off.
I HEART: the open road.
I REGRET: more things that I haven’t done than I have done.
I LIKE: catching up with friends.
I FEAR: zombies.
I DANCE: when only my cats are looking. And sometimes not even then.
I SING: when no one — including myself — can hear me.
I SHOULD: follow a new direction in life.[IN THE LAST FEW DAYS, HAVE YOU…]
GOT HIGH? Only in terms of altitude.
DRUNK? Pleasantly buzzed, yes.
KISSED SOMEONE? Yes.
HELPED SOMEONE? Yes.
GOTTEN ILL? No.
GONE TO THE CINEMA? Just over a week ago, yes.
GONE OUT FOR DINNER? And some fine ones, too!
WRITTEN A REAL LETTER? Postcards count?
WRITTEN IN A JOURNAL? A bona fide paper one, too!
FOUGHT WITH YOUR PARENTS? No.[WOULD YOU EVER…]
1. EAT AN INSECT? I accidentally did while kayaking this week.
2. BUNGEE JUMP? Not unless I could somehow make six figures off it.
3. HANG GLIDE? Yes, please!
4. KILL SOMEONE? Of course. Just not without cause.
5. WALK ON HOT COALS? I feel like I already have a thousand times over.
6. GO OUT TO EAT WITH A COMPLETE STRANGER? Again?
7. GO OUT WITH SOMEONE FOR THEIR REPUTATION? Only if they can explain this question.
8. BE A VEGETARIAN? Done!
10. RUN A RED LIGHT? I swear, officer, it was puce.
11. DYE YOUR HAIR BLUE? Egad, no.
12. MAKE SOMEONE CRY? Again?
13. STAY UP ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT? That’s the only way to see the sun rise.[THE LAST PERSON WHO…]
1. SAW YOU CRY? Can’t even remember.
2. YOU SAW CRY? Don’t want to embarrass anyone.
3. WENT TO THE CINEMA WITH? The niblings and Maliryn.
4. WENT TO DINNER/LUNCH WITH? Robin, the fab PR chick in the San Juans, and her step-son Sam
5. THAT CALLED YOU ON THE PHONE? Lena
6. THAT YOU CALLED ON THE PHONE? McKinley
7. TEXT YOU? Lena
8. MADE YOU LAUGH? McKinley (unwittingly)[DO YOU PREFER]
1. FLOWERS OR CANDY? What’s behind door #3?
2. GRAY OR BLACK? Black.
3. COLOR OR BLACK? Depends.
5. SUNRISE OR SUNSET? Sunset. Sunrise makes me sleepy.
6. STAYING UP LATE OR WAKING UP EARLY? Always staying up.